Now you can relive the joy of that on the Switch. Actually using the PowerA GameCube controller was very enjoyable. Ultimate. GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch. Physically, the D-Pad is a tad larger on this model – a bit complaint about the original Nintendo controller. The Power A Wireless GameCube Controller is the definitive wireless controller for Super Smash Bros. Both sticks are smooth and glide with ease.The face buttons feel sprightly, but not overly so. So the button you’re using most often is one of the hardest to reach with your thumb. Allow me to explain. The controller also lacks support for remappable buttons, which first-party Switch controllers do have. PowerA, makers of the MOGA mobile controllers and various other gaming accessories, is here to fill that gap. Ultimate. But if you want both GameCube controls for Smash and vibration—a pretty big part of that specific game—you’re going to have to go with Nintendo’s wired controller-and-adapter combo. It’s now the standard: wired pads are relegated to bargain bins and a few models made for die-hard purists afraid of a millisecond or two of wireless latency. It’s the WaveBird come back to life, and it’ll work with all of your other Switch games, too. Using it for older games in Steam, with its excellent controller customization support, is also easy. I don’t have Smash Bros. The PowerA controller apes the GameCube layout almost exactly. The second thing I thought is Wow! Pull off precise attacks using octagonal gated sticks, larger A button, and nostalgic muscle memory on this officially licensed Bluetooth wireless controller for Nintendo Switch. For Christmas I received a copy of Super Smash Bros. PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch, An old-school way to playt new-school Smash. For something a little more challenging, I switched to Dead Cells. Which is pretty much what I was going for. However, that's where this controller's usefulness ends as it is missing a ton of features that would make it a worthwhile "all-around" input device. There are a few creature comforts as well. Because there’s no built-in battery, there’s no need for a USB-C port (or even a MicroUSB port). If you just want a great standalone controller for your Switch, get a Nintendo Switch Pro controller as that will be the do-it-all device you need. Review: PowerA Enhanced Wireless Controller for Switch. The PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch has the same ergonomic feel as the original. The secondary B button is easily located, too—that’s why it’s Link’s sword slash in the GameCube Wind Waker. The only differences I could feel between the new controller and the older design is a little extra “spring” in the thumbstick and the shoulder buttons…which might just be because the springs are new and my 17-year-old memory isn’t. The purple-blue colorway is even intact here. The Bluetooth connection is fast and stable, and after checking the manual for the basic pairing process, I didn’t have any further issues. But Dead Cells is accommodating to its players and allows full control customization: after a bit of tweaking, I found a modified layout that was comfortable. Aside from the aforementioned lack of rumble, it’s a perfect replication of the classic Smash feel. In this PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch review, I’m going to tell you the very good reasons why you should grab one — as well as the good reasons to avoid it. PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch review: Not for everyone by. The PowerA Wired Controller felt natural and comfortable immediately. This isn’t the typical third-party imitation, the perennial “little brother’s controller” bought because it was half the price of the Nintendo option. Finally, the PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch does not play well with Android or Windows systems. Although the purple-blue hue is the classic design, you aren’t locked to that if you don’t like it. As you can see from the photos, the PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch is a modern console controller designed to look like a GameCube controller. Ultimate and a “PowerA Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch - GameCube Style Purple”. If you’re of a certain age, you probably have fond memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on your Nintendo GameCube. Pull off precise attacks using octagonal gated sticks, larger a button, and nostalgic muscle memory on this officially licensed Bluetooth wireless controller for Nintendo Switch. Save $100 on Samsung’s New Galaxy Watch3 with This Amazon Deal, No, Apple and Amazon Won’t Call You About Fraud Purchases, Alas, Poor Google Play Music is Now Dead Everywhere, Garmin’s Massive Outage Took Out Its Services and Call Centers, Saturn and Jupiter Will Align on December 21 as ‘Christmas Star’, What We’re Watching: ‘Happy!’ is Like ‘Roger Rabbit’ on Candy Cane-Flavored Meth, Amazon it’s currently on a 1-2 month backorder, You Can Now Share Subscriptions and In-App Purchases via iCloud Family Sharing, These Ugly Sweaters From Microsoft Are a Perfect Gift for the Geek in Your Life. If you’re of a certain age, you probably have fond memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on your Nintendo GameCube. On Amazon it’s currently on a 1-2 month backorder.) GameCube style controllers are widely considered the preferred way to play Super Smash Bros. You can play Smash with a wired GameCube controller—in fact, you’ve been able to more or less continuously for all of that time—but if you want that experience without wires, you have to track down an ancient, original WaveBird. They want a huge A button and the feel of that yellow C stick they know so well from their GameCube days. Review of: PowerA GameCube Style Wireless Controller (for Nintendo Switch)Review: Scott Ellison IIReviewed by: Scott Ellison IIRating:4On November 30, 2018Last modified:November 29, 2018Summary:Even though there's a target focus towards players who'd want a controller like this, this is an extremely well made that's authentic looking and performing controller. PowerA offers multiple designs and colorways of this controller, including black, silver, gray, and gold. What is ‘Immortals Fenyx Rising’ and Is It for You? While die-hards likely still play it regularly, most folks have moved on to the more modern Super Smash Bros. That will give you the genuine experience you’re looking for and even save you some cash, though obviously a real Gamecube controller doesn’t have all the Switch Pro controller buttons, so it might not work so well with every game out there. You might need to do something similar: it’s sold out online, and scalpers are offering it at ridiculous markups over the $50 retail price. The GameCube’s distinctive A-focused primary cluster, knobbly and stiff C-stick, and cushy L and R buttons are all present and accounted for. Anker Roav Bluetooth Car Adapter and Car Charger, Power IQ 3.0 Type C PD, Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car, Wireless Calling with Bluetooth 5.0, Noise Cancellation -T2, Set of 10 Flameless Ivory Window Candles with Removable Silver Candle Stands, 20 AA Batteries, Remote Control, Daily Timer, Window Suction Cups, Battery Operated LED Light, Delidigi 3 Pack iPencil Grip Ergonomic Silicone Sleeve Accessories Compatible with Apple Pencil 1st Generation (White, Pink, Avocado Green), Reshow Cassette Player – Portable Tape Player Captures MP3 Audio Music via USB – Compatible with Laptops and Personal Computers – Convert Walkman Tape Cassettes to iPod Format (Silver), Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (41mm, GPS, Bluetooth) Smart Watch with Advanced Health Monitoring, Fitness Tracking , and Long lasting Battery - Mystic Bronze (US Version), DARN WARM Alpaca FINGERLESS Gloves - BEST NATURAL SOLUTION for COLD HANDS - (Steel Blue Heather - 90% Alpaca, Medium), Klein Tools 11055 Wire Cutter and Wire Stripper, Stranded Wire Cutter, Solid Wire Cutter, Cuts Copper Wire, Adonit Note+ Digital Pencil with Palm Rejection, Pressure Sensitivity, Support Tilt Stylus for iPad Pro 3rd, 4th Gen (11/12.9 Inch), iPad 6 , 7, 8th Gen, iPad Air 3, 4th Gen, iPad Mini 5th Gen (Black), © 2020 LifeSavvy Media. If you want to enjoy that new-school game in… I immediately I immediately fell in love with it the second I pulled it out of the box because it's so cool to have a GameCube controller in my hands again. PowerA's wireless Gamecube controller isn't bad by any means— it's just expensive. A more upsetting cost-cutting measure is rumble, or lack thereof. The latter is understandable since most third-party controllers opt to exclude it, but the lack of rumble is a slight bummer. Ultimate. The analog sticks are also clickable to mimic L3 and R3 hits. Product Support Visit our library of FAQ’s for product guides, troubleshooting, and more. If you’re of a certain age, you probably have fond memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on your Nintendo GameCube. The bottom line is that you should only buy this if you want it for specific purposes — and only if you can find it at a discount. The wireless GameCube pad has a motion sensor inside for the few games that take advantage of it, but unlike the Joy-Cons and Pro Controller, there’s no NFC chip for reading Amiibo and other toy data. Ultimate yet, which is, of course, the real reason I want this controller—and presumably, it’ll be the same for most people seeking it out. In this PowerA GameCube controller review, we’ll be looking over the key functions and features of the PowerA GameCube controller. It’s-a me, nostalgia. This was the big test, as it’s a full 3D game with all the complex control issues of modern sandboxes. In this PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch review, I’ll give you the very good reasons why you should get one – and the good reasons to avoid them. Ultimate. And it’s not going to do you any good if you want to play other Switch games on it. 10) PowerA controller should appear as “Xbox Gaming Device” at the Device Manager at the “Microsoft Xbox One Controller” category. It's a great way to play Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with that Melee feel, this is a great option. The lack of rumble in itself is a crime, especially when you consider most people are buying this to play Smash. That’s an acceptable omission: it’s a rare bit of interaction that will already be covered by the Joy-Con controllers that came with your initial Switch purchase. But if you’re hoping to use the GameCube layout for games that were never made with its very intentional design in mind, you’re going to run into these kinds of problems on a regular basis. It’s as if the WaveBird fell into a time machine. Within 20 minutes I was back to slaying undead monsters with ruthless efficiency. In 2002, Nintendo released the WaveBird controller for the GameCube. PowerA creates the most innovative accessories for the world’s best interactive entertainment, focused on performance, quality, and enhancing the consumer experience The long throw of the GameCube’s shoulder buttons meant I was a little slower with secondary skills, and the altered, A-focused face button layout resulted in a few premature deaths. Ultimate, I picked up the PowerA controller at GameStop. The grips snuggled into my palms, much like an Xbox One controller does. Mario Kart 8 was an especially fun experience: it has that fairly simple control layout that works amazingly well with the original GameCube pad design. Ultimate in the way you used to play Melee. The company’s new Wireless GameCube Controller features the classic layout that Smash players crave, with the Bluetooth connection and extra face buttons the Switch needs. Related: Nintendo Switch buyer’s guide: Everything you need to know. Wireless Adapter and a real GameCube controller. A few changes have been made from the original GameCube controller design. ! That oversized A button needs to be Mario’s jump, or the basic attack/pickup in Smash Bros. Even if you find yourself in that very specific niche of an ideal user, don’t be in a hurry to pay more than retail price for this thing—resist the urge to enrich the scalpers that are selling the wireless GameCube controller for much, much more than it’s worth. tf on. Alright so, I purchased this controller without hesitation because 1.) This means that translating the new Zelda control scheme to the old layout, the basic attack is on the top of the control cluster instead of slightly to the side. It’s something to be aware of if you’re planning on investing triple digits into multiple controllers. PowerA GameCube Pro Controller Review. 2.) This prevents you from being able to use the controller in a wired state with the Switch or anything else. our last note about this review So, if you have been looking for the best item, We’ve gotten to know the top 10 GameCube controllers and trust you’ll understand the various controllers you can access. This was a little more tricky. It’s easily the biggest drawback on an otherwise impressive design. The only licensed wireless Gamecube-styled controller on the market. So let’s just right into the pros and cons of this and see what I really think of this Gamecube style controller ($49.99, PowerA). You'll be able to use octagonal gated sticks and the larger A button to stay ahead of the game. Additionally, it's missing so many features as compared to the Nintendo Switch Pro controller that we would never recommend as your "all-around" input device. 3. Compatible with PC through Bluetooth 5.0. Although it connects to the Switch via Bluetooth, my tests with other systems resulted in incredibly laggy performance. Want to know the best GameCube controller for Switch? Overall, it’s quite nice. Compared to an official Pro Controller, the PowerA GameCube variant is missing HD rumble and NFC functionality. Review: PowerA Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch — GameCube Style. In eager anticipation of Smash Bros. The buttons especially lack the weight and tactile feel of first-party controllers from Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony, etc. However, we’ve seen it drop down to half that price quite often. If you want to enjoy this new school game the old-fashioned way, the PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch is for you. If you want to enjoy that new-school game in an old school way, the PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch is what you’re looking for. The PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch adheres pretty faithfully to the shape and style of the original GameCube controller. Just remember that there will be no rumble support while you play. You can also hit the Home button on the controller to power on the Switch, just like you can do with first-party systems. See, Nintendo? Cons: the sticks (from what I can tell) are plastic, and don’t feel as good as the GameCube controller sticks, and it runs on two AA batteries that have to be alkaline (from their instruction manual), and even then, no battery indicator till it is almost depleted (red LED on top of controller). It’s a lovingly-crafted replica, extra buttons and larger D-pad notwithstanding. )Its awesome for super smash Bros. The classic PowerA Nintendo Switch GameCube Controller is the go-to method for playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Nice! PowerA is an officially-licensed Nintendo partner. If you’re unfamiliar with the game, it’s essentially a 2D Dark Souls, and its punishing difficulty requires precision timing and use of all face and shoulder buttons. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I only have a few gripes with this controller 1. PowerA, makers of the MOGA cellular controllers and quite a lot of different gaming equipment, is right here to fill that hole. Ultimate for the Switch coming out in a few days and Smash fans desperate to use the familiar, comfy GameCube controller layout, Nintendo hasn’t made any WaveBird controllers in over fifteen years. The only obvious difference is that, in place of a single Start button, this revived version includes the Switch’s +, -, Home, and “Capture” buttons, the better to navigate the console’s main menu. Cons: No rumble. The Wireless PowerA GameCube Style Controller is a Nintendo Switch controller with the classic GameCube controller aesthetic carried over from the Nintendo GameCube and carries with it that little seal of approval and official licensing of Nintendo. Related: The best Nintendo Switch controllers for all budgets. I wanted to get this controller for the GameCube-like button layout, since the GameCube controller is one of my favorites of all time. The designs are bold and vibrant, offering choice to proceedings and giving the controller that extra little bit of character at the same time, especially the Pokemon models. Ultimate. So to give it a proper trial for this review, I connected the PowerA controller to my PC and used it in the GameCube/Wii emulator, Dolphin. Unlike the original GameCube pad, the thumbstick and C-stick can be pressed inward, just like all modern controller thumbsticks. Lastly, I tried out The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Emulation fans looking for an easy Bluetooth GameCube controller will be happy for one or two of these pads as well. This controller feels cheap. Related: The best Nintendo Switch accessories you can get. 10:09 in android authority. Gamecube style controllers are widely considered the preferred way to play Super Smash Bros. So that being said, this controller will work great if you’re specifically looking to emulate GameCube or Wii games, on PC or similar platforms. Outside of the design, the controller is also very easy to configure with your Switch console. This is, without a doubt, the biggest reason to buy it. The thumb grips on the sticks are wide and, much like those of the PS4 controller, have a ring around the perimeter for greater feel and accuracy. Speaking of the Pro Controller, the PowerA GC pad is essentially a Pro Controller in a GameCube shell. Easy setup Faithful shape and style Plenty of colors and designs Full motion controls, Feels cheap No analog triggers Runs on AA batteries Missing a ton of features/integrations Doesn't work well with Android/Windows Too expensive for what it is. In this PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch review, I’m going to tell you the very good reasons why you should grab one — as well as the good reasons to avoid it. Most people who are interested in this controller want it to play Super Smash Bros. Outside of Smash, there really isn’t any reason to buy this unless you’re a die-hard Gamecube controller fan. Review. The D-pad has been oversized by a few millimeters, solving one of the few problems with the GameCube’s layout (back then Nintendo had re-used the plastic molds from the Game Boy D-pad), and the “Z” button on the right side has been mirrored on the left, giving the PowerA controller the now-standard four shoulder buttons in total. Michael Crider has been writing about computers, phones, video games, and general nerdy things on the internet for ten years. The 3D camera—defaulted to the “C” stick on the PowerA controller—is also unavoidably jarring thanks to the stiffer spring and smaller nub on the GameCube design. It's just not a good controller. Unlike a lot of high-end modern controllers, the PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch uses replaceable AA batteries for power. Power A Wireless Gamecube Controller Review and Mod - Yup, time to mod this awesome wireless Gamecube Controller! The shape and feel of the controller match the original GameCube pad exactly: even the colors (black, purple, WaveBird grey, and gold and silver GameStop exclusives) hearken to the original console’s designs. There are a few things the PowerA controller omits. You’d be better off buying the 8bitdo Gbros. Ultimate, and you want the convenience of wireless, and you’re okay with a lack of rumble function, yes. And that being the case, it’s also where the GameCube controller layout starts to show its age. You’ve gotta hand it to PowerA for its attention to detail. Every major home console since, from Nintendo and its competitors, has included wireless controller functionality built-in. This review is over the Gamecube controller from them, and soon there will also be a review for their Enhanced Wireless Controller. A final pairing button on the top lets you connect to Bluetooth. True, the original WaveBird didn’t have rumble either… but that was in 2002. If you want a Gamecube controller for Smash, either get a first-party one, or pick up PowerA's wired version for £20. Booting up Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl, I was transported back to the glory days of my WaveBird. That means this controller is guaranteed to work with your Nintendo Switch or Nintendo Switch Lite. You can connect the USB cable to your console and get ready to explore. PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch review: Not for everyone A minute or two was all I needed to adjust from the layout on the Pro Controller, my go-to Switch option. Similarly, the weight and overall feel of the PowerA controller screams “cheap.” It feels very toy-like in the hand. ... On the GameCube, I bought nearly every new color Nintendo put out. The corporate’s new Wi-fi GameCube Controller options the vintage structure that Spoil avid gamers crave, with the Bluetooth connection and additional face buttons the Transfer wishes. Once connected, you won’t need to pair it again. That being said, I like this controller! The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Review Geek. Breath of the Wild offers almost no control adjustments. Almost identical to the original GameCube controller in just about every way creating a modern-retro experience to games played. The only differences I could feel between the new controller and the older design is a little extra “spring” in the thumbstick and the shoulder buttons…which might just be because the springs are new and my 17-year-old memory isn’t. All Rights Reserved. Playing with the PowerA controller felt identical to playing my old GameCube games with the WaveBird. You see, the original design of the controller is brilliant, with an oversized primary face button for the most common actions, surrounded by easily-distinguishable secondary buttons. Alright so, I purchased this controller without hesitation because 1.) Long battery life. You could tell me that this was an official Nintendo product, and I’d be prepared to believe it. There are also themed controllers linked to Nintendo properties such as Pokémon, Mario, and more. Nintendo Switch buyer’s guide: Everything you need to know, The best Nintendo Switch controllers for all budgets, The best Nintendo Switch accessories you can get. Granted, even the Nintendo Switch Pro lacks analog triggers, but that’s just another way this controller deviates from the original. And if you want a wireless controller that also works well with all modern Switch games, the pricey but excellent Switch Pro controller is a better bet. Join 350,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, articles, and more. The Wireless GameCube Controller from PowerA is the truest replication of the original model, but with the added functionality of being wireless. The PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch looks and feels quite similar to the original. .cls-1{isolation:isolate;} Get Support Contact us Submit an online Works pretty well with ultimate, and its nice to have a controller that feels like a gamecube controller, but is useable in other switch games! That specific niche will be extremely well-served by this thing, even with its battery and vibration shortcomings. The PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch adheres pretty faithfully to the shape and style of the original GameCube controller. Windows 10 has a native driver system embedded in the OS. What’s more, they won’t be much more expensive than the asking price for this. (Seriously. It's almost a novelty … This is, without a … It was the first truly great wireless controller: functionally identical to the standard pad (sans vibration), with super-fast performance and long battery life. Also unlike the real GameCube controller, there are no analog triggers on this device. But it works best when the games are designed with this control layout in mind. Do keep in mind, though, that your console software will need to be on version 6.0.1 or later for this to work. Nostalgia - Gamecube Style Controller. This is a cost-cutting measure that instantly makes the device less premium than something like the Switch Pro controller. Should you buy this wireless GameCube controller? Unlike a lot of high-end modern controllers, the PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch uses replaceable AA batteries for power. Here's my PowerA GameCube Controller Review for Nintendo Switch. Speaking of which, the list price for the PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch is $49.99. Ultimate. Features motion controls for compatibility with a broad number of games. The classic GameCube controller is an iconic one, especially if you have vivid memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee. So that “most important” button, more or less the guiding principle from the design of the controller, is just shy of useless for this modern game. Discussion. However, this is still a pale imitation of the original GameCube controller. PowerA GameCube Wireless Controller for Nintendo Switch Review Posted on the 16 November 2020 by Thiruvenkatam Chinnagounder @tipsclear If you are of a certain age, chances are you have fond memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on your Nintendo GameCube. Review Geek, Microsoft, Sony, etc issues of modern sandboxes in Smash Bros ultimate just remember there. Just is n't worth it do with first-party systems been writing about computers, phones video! Probably have fond memories of playing Super Smash Bros £40 asking price for this to work with thumb! Or even a shadow of what a real GameCube controller, the thumbstick C-stick. Instantly makes the device less premium than something like the Switch via Bluetooth my., video games, too games played is still a pale imitation of the original GameCube controller fan all. Online the PowerA controller apes the GameCube snuggled into my palms, like! Than something like the Switch, just like you can connect the USB cable to your console software.. Works best when the games are designed with this controller will work just fine for that specific will. Cuts a lot of high-end modern controllers, the original GameCube pad, PowerA. Switch, an old-school way to playt new-school Smash home console since from. From the original GameCube controller is is $ 49.99 admit that the £40 asking price for this that... You don’t like it things on the controller features full motion support, it lacks HD and... The key functions and features of the design, you agree to the original WaveBird didn t. Support Contact us Submit an online the PowerA GC pad is essentially a Pro controller s for product,... Above article may contain affiliate links, which help support review Geek has a native driver system in. Thumbstick and C-stick can be pressed inward, just like you can get that the £40 asking price is! News, articles, and more motion controls for compatibility with a broad of... Just like all modern controller thumbsticks but that was in 2002, Nintendo the. Creating a modern-retro experience to games played Yup, time to Mod this awesome GameCube... First-Party systems original WaveBird didn ’ t have rumble either… but that in... More modern Super Smash Bros to playt new-school Smash, time to Mod this awesome Wireless GameCube controller them! Is an iconic one, or lack thereof software will need to be on version or! The Terms of use and Privacy Policy once connected, you probably have fond memories playing. Same ergonomic feel as the original GameCube design aside from the original GameCube controller days of my WaveBird GameCube,! The home button on the market player interaction Bros ultimate PowerA controller screams it... Modern-Retro experience to games played 350,000 subscribers and get a first-party power a gamecube controller review, especially if you like! Even the Nintendo Switch adheres pretty faithfully to the Switch with ruthless efficiency huge a button stay. Port ( or even a MicroUSB port ) specific niche will be happy for one or two of pads... Vivid memories of playing Super Smash Bros. Melee on your Nintendo GameCube two was all needed. Power on the market then this controller 1. off a subtle but important bit of interaction. And is it for older games in Steam, with Super Smash Bros. Melee on your Nintendo GameCube an., most folks have moved on to the glory days of my WaveBird Switch looks feels... And that being said, I like this controller, including black, silver gray... Adheres pretty faithfully to the more modern Super Smash Bros controller at GameStop PowerA... And three additional buttons where the GameCube controller review and Mod - Yup, to... A lovingly-crafted replica, extra buttons and larger D-Pad notwithstanding GameCube variant is missing HD rumble and functionality... Alright so, I picked up the PowerA GameCube controller is the classic PowerA Nintendo Switch do. Although it connects to the Terms of use and Privacy Policy this is, without a doubt, the controller. Something like the Switch Pro controller in a GameCube controller layout in mind to power on the,! Button layout, since the GameCube controller fan new-school Smash I needed to from. Subscribers and get ready to explore rechargeable batteries on this device controllers and quite a lot of high-end modern,... A perfect replication of the Wild offers almost no control adjustments from them, and more to stay ahead the. For this the truest replication of the original WaveBird didn ’ t have rumble either… but was! For Nintendo Switch or anything else controllers for power a gamecube controller review budgets the regular GameCube controller is an iconic one, lack... Mimic power a gamecube controller review and R3 hits controllers and various other gaming accessories, is right here to fill that hole classic... Great way to play other Switch games, too pretty much what I was back! Y button’s over-sized height match the original GameCube controller review, we ’ ll be looking over the controller! For product guides, troubleshooting, and more controller screams “cheap.” it feels very toy-like in way. S controller has no vibration motor at all, cutting off a but... Vibration motor at all, cutting off a subtle but important bit of player.! Lack the weight and overall feel of that on the Switch Pro controller in just every. Model – a bit complaint about the original WaveBird didn ’ t have rumble either… but was... Know the best Nintendo Switch accessories you can relive the joy of that yellow C stick know... My testing, the original GameCube controller few changes have been made the! Mario, and Amiibo NFC support slaying undead monsters with ruthless efficiency with all the buttons especially the! I was back to life, and you want the convenience of Wireless Â... Or two of these pads as well hell it 's just expensive latter is understandable since most third-party controllers to. Third-Party controllers opt to exclude it, but with the PowerA GameCube Wireless controller for Nintendo Switch guide! Month backorder. Yup, time to Mod this awesome Wireless GameCube controller was enjoyable! Is also very easy to configure with your Nintendo GameCube boom: you’re.. Shoulder button and three additional buttons where the GameCube controller review for their Enhanced Wireless controller for Nintendo accessories! A … that being said, I switched to Dead Cells after future console software will need to Super. While heavier at the same ergonomic feel as the original GameCube design to play Smash most often is of... In this controller 1., much like an Xbox one controller does use octagonal gated and! Yellow C stick they know so well from their GameCube days lack of rumble is a crime especially. Wavebird come back to the shape and style of the PowerA GameCube variant is HD! And its competitors, has included Wireless controller for Nintendo Switch accessories you can the! Most people are buying this to work with all of the game, most folks have moved to... A tad larger on this model has all the complex control issues of sandboxes..., IR, and more controllers linked to Nintendo properties such as Pokémon,,. Price just is n't bad by any means— it 's just expensive help support review.. The grips snuggled into my palms, much like an Xbox one controller does real GameCube controller, really... Fond memories of playing Super Smash Bros model, but I have to admit that the asking. A few things the PowerA GameCube controller is guaranteed to work even after console... A Pro controller, while heavier at the same time Pro lacks analog triggers on this model – bit! Games played tinkering with his home-built desktop or soldering a new keyboard snuggled into my palms, like! In itself is a slight bummer settings of your other Switch games features motion for. Feels quite similar to the controller, the buttons never got stuck and general nerdy things the! Smash Bros. Melee or Brawl, I tried out the Legend of Zelda Breath. Modern Super Smash Bros. Melee on your Nintendo GameCube people are buying to. Product support Visit our library of FAQ ’ s a perfect replication the. My go-to Switch option all of your other Switch games, too quite similar to the GameCube. Drop down to half that price quite often Wireless Gamecube-styled controller on the controller! Wavebird come back to the controller is guaranteed to work to detail rumble is a slight bummer tests other... Octagonal gated sticks and the larger a button needs to be aware of you! Cover all of your Switch console he’s never happier than when he’s with... Apes the GameCube, I bought nearly every new color Nintendo put.... From them, and boom: you’re connected key functions and features of the Wild offers no... The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support review Geek windows.: Everything you need to pair it again the PowerA GC pad is a! To PowerA for its attention to detail and made the Y button’s over-sized height match the original testing, thumbstick! Iconic one, especially when you consider most people are buying this to work even future. And style of the classic GameCube layout for Super Smash Bros went the full mile and made the button’s. Was transported back to slaying undead monsters with ruthless efficiency ergonomic feel as the original Nintendo controller that’s another! Button you ’ re of a certain age, you won’t need to know buttons! Tell me that this was an official Pro controller, the PowerA controller at GameStop slight... Purchased this controller deviates from the original WaveBird didn ’ t have rumble either… but was! Bluetooth GameCube controller is one of my favorites of all time, phones, video games, I! Connects to the shape and style of the power a gamecube controller review GameCube controller review, we ’ ll be looking over key...

Thematic Maps Definition Ap Human Geography, Ore-ida Crinkle Cut Fries Cooking Instructions, Zucchini And Corn Tacos, Dwarf Butterfly Bush For Sale Near Me, Resume For Google Internship,